Fascia Board & Soffit Repairs MD
Generally overlooked, soffit refers to the eave (or overhang) of your roof and is essential in safeguarding your MD home. Properly installed soffits create air circulation to ventilate your attic, drive away moisture, prevent mold build up and extend the life of your roof. Soffit vents are particularly important in colder climates where roofs are covered with snow for long periods of time and become vulnerable to trapped moisture. In such climates, quality soffit installation can maximize the life span of your roof and wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At T.H.I.Roofing we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your MD home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
• Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
• Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
• Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
• Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
• Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.
Do You Need A New Roof ?
- Missing or Broken Shingles
- Roof is Very Old or Past Warranty
- Bare, Buckling, or Curling Shingles
We Use The Best Materials
- M-F 8AM - 8PM
- Saturday 9AM - 6PM
- Sunday Closed (Call To Schedule)
MHIC Lic # 108209
- Severna Park
- Ellicott City
- Silver Spring
- Upper Marlboro
- College Park
LOCATIONS : We Have Multiple Locations In Maryland. Call To Schedule Your Local Roof Repair Expert