Fascia Board Soffit Repair
Fascia Board Soffit Repair In Alabama
Commonly left out, soffit knowns as the eave (or overhang) of your roof structure and is without a doubt needed in guarding your AL home. Adequately installed soffits create air circulation to ventilate your attic, drive out moisture, reduce the chances of mold and mildew build up as well as extend the life of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are especially crucial in colder climates where rooftops are blanketed with snow for long periods of time and become vulnerable to trapped moisture.
In these types of climates, superior quality soffit installment will be able to maximize the life expectancy of your roofing system and also wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your AL home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally.
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.