Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Clover VAMost commonly overlooked, soffit relates to the eave (alternatively overhang) of your roof covering and is without a doubt vital in protecting your Clover VA home. Correctly installed soffits create air circulation to ventilate your attic, drive out dampness, help prevent mold and mildew accumulation and increase the life span of your roof.
Soffit vents are particularly very important in cold climates where roofing systems are blanketed with snow for extended periods of time and eventually become prone to entrapped moisture.
Within these types of weather conditions, top quality soffit installation can optimize the life span of your roof and wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Clover VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.