Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Green Bay VAFrequently discounted, soffit refers to the eave (in other words overhang) of your roof covering and is without a doubt important in guarding your Green Bay VA home. Adequately installed soffits produce air flow so as to ventilate your attic, drive away humidity, protect against mold and mildew accumulation as well as extend the life span of your roof.
Soffit vents are notably important in colder climates where roofing systems are covered with snow for extended periods of time and end up being susceptible to trapped moisture.
In these types of weather conditions, quality soffit installation can absolutely increase the life expectancy of your roof covering and also wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Green Bay VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.