Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Pounding Mill VAWidely neglected, soffit knowns as the eave (in other words overhang) of your roof structure and is definitely crucial in guarding your Pounding Mill VA home. Properly installed soffits create air circulation in order to ventilate your attic, drive away moisture, help prevent mold and mildew accumulation as well as increase the life of your roof.
Soffit vents are especially essential in colder weather conditions where roofing systems are blanketed with snow for long periods of time and become vulnerable to trapped moisture.
Within such climates, superior quality soffit installment can maximize the life span of your roofing system and also wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Pounding Mill VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.